PCD is the abbreviation of polycrystalline diamond. Its hardness can reach 8000HV, which is 120 times that of cemented carbide.
The thermal conductivity of PCD is 1.5 to 9 times that of cemented carbide, even higher than that of PCBN and copper.
Therefore, PCD tools transfer heat rapidly; The friction coefficient of PCD is generally only 0.1 to 0.3, so PCD tools can significantly reduce the cutting force; the thermal expansion coefficient of PCD is only 1/5 of that of cemented carbide, so PCD tools have small thermal deformation and high machining accuracy; PCD tools and non-ferrous metals Al, copper, zinc, titanium and other alloys, as well as non-metallic graphite, ceramics, glass, rubber, hard carbon fiber, epoxy resin composite materials, stone, wood, etc. have a low affinity, and the chips are not easy to stick to the tip during processing A built-up edge is formed. Therefore, PCD tools are irreplaceable in the processing of these materials.
The PCD tools produced by our company are made of high-quality imported materials, and with professional and high-quality industry standards, we tailor-made solutions suitable for customers’ products. Welcome customers to map and sample customization. To provide customers with high-quality and mature products is our pursuit.
- Performance advantages of PCD milling cutters
(1) The service life of the tool is super long, which is 20-100 times that of the ordinary alloy tool, which saves the time occupied by frequent tool changing and tool setting;
(2) It is suitable for high-efficiency machining, suitable for high-speed (8000-40000 rpm) and dry machining. It is the first choice for modern high-efficiency machining, and it does not require cutting fluid, which is environmentally friendly and reliable;
(3) After the parts are processed, the dimensions are stable and the surface roughness is high. Due to the super wear resistance of the PCD material, the tool can ensure that the size of the tool remains unchanged during the process of machining the part, and the size and shape tolerance of the processed workpiece are guaranteed. The roughness of products processed with PCD milling cutters can reach Ra0.8-Ra0.16, which can completely replace the traditional grinding process with milling, which greatly improves the processing efficiency and processing cost!
(4) It can process high-hardness and difficult-to-machine workpieces, such as processing hard alloys, ceramics, marble, sintered alloys, high-silicon aluminum alloys and other composite difficult-to-machine materials.
Post time: 2022-06-02